Our engineers and management have been providing world-class 3D scanning and quality inspection services to a variety of industries worldwide for over 14 years.
As a leader in the 3D scanning industry, we are constantly evolving in order to stay on top. We are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Applications Engineer – 3D Laser Scanning to add to our growing company.
Location: Peakhurst Sydney
A candidate must have:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Survey or Spatial Sciences background will be highly regarded
• Ability to interpret and produce technical drawings
• 3D CAD knowledge (Polyworks, Rapidform, Inventor, Solidworks, ProE or UG)
• 3D Modelling Experience
• Prior experience with 3D laser scanners or similar hardware is a plus
• White Card Certificate
and IDEALLY have:
• Geomagic or equivalent experience
• Excellent attention to detail
• Sharpened tactical and logical problem solving sensibilities with a can-do mindset
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise requests with competing deadlines
• Able to communicate ideas internally and with customers
• The ability to take direction as well as work independently
• Fast Learner and team player
• Flexible and willing to travel (domestic and International)
• Interest in and/or experience in 3D Printing
• Interest in and/or experience in 3D Photogrammetry
• Maintain Current Driver’s License and Passport
• Undergo Health and Police checks to satisfy “Highly Confidential” Government departments or specific company WHS Requirements
• Ability to undertake external courses as needed – eg Working with Heights, Rail Safety RISI, Confined Spaces, Elevated Work Platforms
Due to the projects we undertake this position is available to Australian Citizens ONLY.
Our projects are as varied as any real world object, including, but not limited to, tiny figurines, entire planes, cast parts, sculptures, tv commercials and movies, turbine blades, guns, race cars, boats, national treasures and more. We never know what new and exciting projects are around the corner, which keeps us on our toes and forces us to be ready for the unexpected.
The candidate will be expected to perform:
• In-house 3D scanning and measurement using the appropriate tool for the job
• On-site 3D scanning at client locations within the metro area and around the globe
• Post processing of 3D scanning and measurement data to prepare scan data for reverse engineering
• Reverse engineering of 3D scan data into 3D CAD models
• Inspection and Analysis of 3D scan data
• Attend trade shows, conferences
The value of a career at Wysiwyg 3D is the tremendous work environment and great experience we provide. We are a small, dynamic company experiencing rapid growth and you will have the opportunity to shape the future at Wysiwyg 3D!
Interested? Contact us today with resume and examples of work!